Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Turkey Wraps with Egg Drop Soup

All right my friends, tonight's dinner is two different items so GET READY!  I made a turkey wraps but it seemed too small of a meal so I decided to add a soup, and who doesn't love egg drop soup?!?
First thing's first: I cooked some turkey wings in the oven while I started to chop some lettuce and olives for the roll-ups.  Also while I was doing that, I whisked 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk together with a fork for the egg drop soup.
Once the turkey wings were done cooking (I just cooked them in a baking dish on broil), I chopped it up to make about 1 1/2 cups of cubed turkey.  I also measured out 3 1/4 cups of chicken broth in a saucepan, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon of ground ginger and set that on high to boil.
I also measured out 3/4 cups additional chicken broth and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, mixed it together and set it aside.  Once the broth was boiling I added 2 tablespoons of chives and slowly added in the egg until I used the whole bowl.  Then I added in the broth and cornstarch mixture.
While that was thickening, I spread 2 tablespoons (each) on spinach tortillas, added the chicken, lettuce (only on my husband's!), olives, and about 1 tablespoon of cheddar cheese and salsa on each tortilla.
Then I spooned the soup into bowls, folded the wraps and voila!  Dinner was served!  It was SOOOO yummy!  An interesting mixture, but I liked it.
The wraps were, by themselves, only 353 calories and the soup was 61 calories, for a total calorie intake of 414; still under my 500 calorie limit!!  It was also only $4.24/serving!

Here's the recipe(s)!  :)

Turkey wraps:
3/4 cup sour cream
4 spinach tortillas
1 1/2 cooked cubed turkey
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup lettuce
1/2 cup chopped olives
1/2 cup salsa

Egg drop soup:
4 cups chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons chives
2 eggs
1 egg yolk

Happy cooking everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment