Monday, February 6, 2012

Spicy Turkey Tacos


Tonight's meal, my lovely, lovely friends, was Spicy Turkey Tacos!!  They were so delicious, and the flavor was addicting!
First thing's first: I diced half of a large red onion and cooked that in a skillet, on medium heat, with 1 pound of ground turkey.  I cooked that until the meat was no longer pink and drained it.  Then I added 1 cup of salsa with 1/2 teaspoon (each) of dried oregano, paprika, cinnamon (yes cinnamon!), and cumin.
While that was simmering, I shredded 2 cups of lettuce and grated 1/2 cup of pepper Jack cheese.
I heat up the taco shells based on the box directions, and then added 1/3 cup of the turkey mixture to the taco and added the lettuce and cheese.  The rest of the family doesn't like sour cream, so I only added that on my tacos.  Add as you'd like!
The meal was only 324 calories for 2 tacos!  So I also added a side of black beans for everyone, and that was 55 calories for a 1/4 cup, for a total meal calorie total of only 379!  It was also only $2.83/serving with the beans!  Yummy!!  The cinnamon flavor was amazing!
Here's the recipe!

8 taco shells
1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
1 half large red onion, finely chopped
1 cup salsa
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 cups shredded lettuce
1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream

Happy cooking everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment