Monday, February 27, 2012

Alfredo Yumminess

All right my dearest friends, we have a Mama Feta's Meals first!  I was given a request to make this meal and post it here for all you lovely lovelies to see, and I jumped at the chance!  So much fun!
This recipe was brought to me by my friend Jessie M. and it was full of (as the name of the meal states) 'yumminess'.  :)  One of the first things I did wrong was I forgot the brown rice!  EEP!  Luckily for me, there was plenty of leftovers so I can make brown rice and add it then.  For your reference, she said she used the frozen Trader Joe's brown rice packets.
So I hope I did the meal justice, and here's what I did, but I'm sure there are many ways to throw these ingredients together!  First thing's first: I threw some chicken breasts on my grill pan to let it cook while I started to prep the other items.  Jessie told me this usually makes meals for her for about 5 days, so I only cooked two chicken breasts but used all of the veggies for later!
Then I threw one bag of frozen French-cut green beans and frozen asparagus into my steamer and let that cook while I took the stems out of some fresh mushrooms.
I also started to warm one bottle of Ragu alfredo sauce and, once the veggies looked like they had started to thaw and cook, I threw the mushrooms in with them.
The chicken took quite some time to cook, as they were larger pieces and I had to end up slicing them to get them to cook quicker.  So what I ended up doing was slicing the chicken, mixed the veggies into the alfredo sauce, and then poured the veggie/alfredo mixture over the chicken.  Then I added some sliced green onions on top and voila!  Dinner was served!
This was very filling and there certainly were leftovers for the next couple of days!  Jessie mentioned she knew I liked to make low calorie meals so she gave me this one because of that reason and said it was only 300 calories!  Not to mention it was only $2.25/serving based on Jessie's 5 serving rule!  Soooo good, even without the brown rice!


No comments:

Post a Comment