Sunday, February 12, 2012

Garlic Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry

Hello everyone, I hope the weekend was enjoyed by all!!  This meal I've made was last night's meal, which I retrieved from the Betty Crocker website again!  This meal was so very easy, delicious and filling!
First thing's first: I chopped some broccoli, peeled and sliced 4 cloves of garlic and sliced 1 can of water chestnuts.
I also sliced 1/2 cup of baby carrots lengthwise, and diced two cups of rotisserie chicken (yes, it is going to be THAT easy).
I heat two tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and cooked the garlic in it for about a minute.  Once it turned golden brown, I added the broccoli, carrots, water chestnuts and 1/4 cup water, and let that cook for about 7-9 minutes.
Then I added 1/2 cup of teriyaki baste and the chicken, and then cooked that until the chicken was thoroughly heated.
We also decided to serve it with some white rice; delicious and so simple!
The stir-fry itself was only 310 calories and then with 1/4 cup of white rice that added another 115 calories (I think we will try brown rice next time!), for a total of 425 calories.  Still made it under my 500 calorie goal!  YES!!!!  :)  It was also only $4.33/serving!!!  Yum-my!
Here's the recipe!!!

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
4 cups fresh broccoli florets
1/2 cup baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
1 can (8 ounce) sliced water chestnuts, drained
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup teriyaki baste
2 cups diced rotisserie chicken
Hot cooked rice

Happy cooking everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment