Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Quick Turkey (Pork) Spaghetti


Just to torture you, I'm doing two in one day...possibly three!!  Dun dun dunnnnnnn!!!!  All right, but seriously folks, last night's meal was SO easy and delicious, and it wasn't even a slow cooker meal!
First thing's first: the recipe called for 1 pound of ground turkey, however, I had extra pork chops from not using them on the meal a few days ago, so I decided to save myself a grocery trip and use that!  I also chopped 1 green bell pepper, 1/2 cup of fresh mushrooms and 1/4 cup of onions.
Then I threw the pork and vegetables into a skillet coated with cooking spray and cooked until the meat was no longer pink and the vegetables were crisp-tender.
Once that was done I added 1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce, 6 ounces of whole wheat spaghetti (broken into 2 inch pieces), 3/4 cup of water and 1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt.  I let that come to a boil and then reduced the heat, covered and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Once it was done, I added a bit of Parmesan cheese on top and voila!  Dinner was served!

The meal was only 357 calories (for a 1 1/4 cup serving) and $3.71/serving!
Here's the recipe!

1 pound ground turkey (I used pork!)
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
6 ounces uncooked whole wheat pasta, broken into 2 inch pieces
3/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
Grated Parmesan cheese, optional

Happy cooking everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment