Monday, February 27, 2012

Taco-Corn Chili

Happy post-National Chili Day!  Seriously, though, yesterday was National Chili Day (I don't make this stuff up people!).  So, in honor of National Chili Day I made a very simple, but very delicious, chili from the Betty Crocker website!
The recipe called for ground beef but I used ground chicken (getting crazy over here without using ground turkey!).  I cooked that for about 10 minutes until it was browned.
Then I added 1 can of kidney beans, 1 envelope of taco seasoning, 1 can of diced tomatoes with green  chilies, 9 ounces of frozen corn, 2 cups of water and 2 teaspoons of sugar.
I heat that until it was boiling and then lowered the heat and simmered for about 18 minutes and voila!  Dinner was served!  Seriously, that was all it took!
I like to add sour cream and hot sauce to mine, so with the 300 calories that only added another 25, so I was still WAY under my 500 calorie limit!  Not to mention it was only $2.00/serving!  Happy National Chili Day indeed!!
Here's the recipe!

1 pound ground beef (or turkey or chicken if you prefer)
1 can (15 ounce) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 envelope (1 ounce) taco seasoning mix
1 can (10 ounce) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
1 package (9 ounces) frozen corn (the recipe said to thaw and drain it but I threw it in frozen and it worked fine!)
2 cups water
2 teaspoons sugar

Happy cooking everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment