Friday, February 24, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas

Holy handbags!!!  This has to be my most favorite recipes I've made this year, so I suggest you try this...NOW!  Okay, maybe not NOW now...wait until I tell you how and THEN do it now.  :)  Myself and my boys have a bit of an obsession with anything that involves 'buffalo chicken', so when I saw 'Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas' on Pinterest, I knew this was a recipe I NEEDED!  It took me to The Novice Chef website, so kudos to you: this was delicious!
So first thing's first: preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  No seriously, do it.  Also, the recipe said to spray an 8x8 glass dish with cooking spray, but I only had a 9x13.  If you have an 8x8 go ahead and use it!  :)
While that preheats, take 1 14 ounce can of enchilada sauce and 1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce and mix it together (YUM!).  Prior to this I had cooked 1 pound of chicken breast strips in the oven and shredded it, but whenever you'd like to cook the chicken is up to you!
I also chopped  green onions and measured out 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese and crumbled 1/3 cup of Gorgonzola cheese (this was my first time using Gorgonzola and let me tell you...YUM!  I'm using this in place of blue cheese every time now!).
Once all the prep work is done, mix the chicken, half of the green onions, 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of enchilada/buffalo sauce together.  I poured another 1/2 cup of enchilada/buffalo sauce into the bottom of the pan and spread it out.  Now, since there are 4 of us in my family, I actually spread the chicken mixture onto 8 tortillas instead of the 4 the recipe called for.  Not sure if that changed the calories, but no biggie.  This meal was surprisingly filling!  Back to the food, though!  I stuffed about 1/4 cup into each tortilla and rolled them up, placing them seam side down on the sauce, topped it with the remaining enchilada/buffalo sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese (there was a second pan, but I didn't feel it was necessary to take pictures of that.  You get my point!).
I threw that into my preheated oven for about 20 minutes and, once it was done, immediately topped it with the Gorgonzola cheese, green onion and some freshly chopped cilantro (YUM).
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND voila!  Buffalo Chicken Enchilada.  I mean, honestly, these were ridiculously good.  If you like buffalo chicken, this is just an amazing way to have it, and it was only 204 calories for 2 enchiladas!  No kidding!!!!  Not to mention it was only $4.38/serving WITH a side of black beans that I added...it's true.  The numbers don't lie, my friends...:)
Here's the recipe!!!!!

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 (14 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce
5 green onions, chopped and divided
1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
4 large tortillas (or 8 smaller ones if you have a big family like me!)
1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped

Happy cooking everyone!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment