Friday, February 10, 2012

Spicy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet

Hello everyone!  So last night was quite hectic, which made me completely glad that the meal I decided to make was so easy..  Never underestimate the power of shrimp and pasta for a quick, delicious meal!  I found this amazing meal originally, of course, through Pinterest, and it was posted from the site www.howsweeteats.com.
So first thing's first: I minced 4 cloves of garlic, and added that into a bowl with 1/3 cup of olive oil, 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, 2 teaspoons (each) of brown sugar and soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.  I was actually out of my favorite brand of soy sauce (Aloha brand shoyu yeah!), so I used the Tabasco version of soy sauce, just so it would add a little bit more kick!
 Then I added 1 pound of raw, peeled and deveined shrimp.  The recipe stated to marinade it for a minimum of 30 minutes, however, my day was hectic, as you know, so I was only able to about 10 minutes or so.  I certainly suggest trying to marinade it.  When I have more time and a better day, I think I'll retry it!
So while I let that marinade for a short while, I started to boil some water to cook 2 cups of whole wheat pasta.  That took about 12 minutes or so, and once the pasta was cooking for about 9 minutes, I heated a skillet over medium-high heat and cooked the shrimp (marinade and all!).
I mixed the cooked pasta in with the cooked shrimp, added some sliced green onions and a bit extra Parmesan cheese on top and voila!  Dinner was served!
This meal was quick, easy, delicious, and low in calories!  At only 241 calories, I'd say I did good for a crazy day!  It was also only $2.82/serving!!!  I know most of us think that buying out is a cheaper/better way to go, but look at what you can get for even cheaper than fast food, and it's so much better for you!
Here's the recipe!


1 pound raw peeled and deveined shrimp
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne

Happy cooking everyone!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment