Friday, August 30, 2013

Chile Colorado Burritos

WOW.  WOW, WOW, WOW!  So hubs said this was the best burrito ever made' and I'm pleased and have to agree!
This was a simple slow cooker meal and was YUM-MY!  So, first thing's first: I put some chicken breasts (you can also use beef if you'd like, or heck, even pork!) into my slow cooker, along with some chicken bouillon granules and mild enchilada sauce (I used the red sauce but I'm wondering how delicious this would taste with green too?).
Once that was in there, I covered it, set it to low and allowed it to cook while I was at work, about 8 hours.
When I got home, I shredded the chicken, set the slow cooker to warm so it wouldn't cook, and started to warm some refried beans in a small pot.  I got some burrito flours, put some of the shredded chicken onto the burrito flours, topped that with two spoonfuls of refried beans and then folded the burritos up.  I put the folded burritos onto a cookie sheet, topped it with some of the leftover enchilada sauce and then topped it with some shredded cheddar cheese.  Then I allowed those burritos to broil for two minutes to melt the cheese and voila!!  Dinner was served!
The flavors were ridiculous in these burritos and were only 371 calories per burrito (the recipe made 7 servings)!  I was able to make some homemade chips and serve that on the side!  Yums!  This was also only $3.01/serving!  Whoop whoop!
Here's the recipe!

2 pounds chicken breasts
1 (19 ounce) can mild enchilada sauce
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules (or 2 chicken bouillon cubes, use beef granules/cubes if you're using beef instead of chicken)
1/2 can refried beans
7 burrito size tortillas
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese

Happy cooking everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment