Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Mini Greek Burger Pies

Okay, so first, I'd like to apologize for the shaky and horrible nature of the above photo.  While prepping this meal I took a sizeable chunk out of my finger.  For a moment it felt like I was in the show "Chopped" because my hubs ran to assist bandaging it and I had to put a glove over it and everything!  Then the excitement left my body and I was all shaky (this would be when the photo was taken)!  Not to worry, though, as no DNA were cooked in the making of this meal!  :)
So, first thing's first: I preheat my oven to 375 degrees.  Then I chopped an onion and started to cook it with my extra lean ground beef over medium-high heat.  While that was cooking, I diced some roasted red bell peppers and, once the meat/onion mixture had cooked for about 7 minutes, I removed it from the heat and added that, some red pepper flakes and feta cheese.
In a medium bowl, I added some Bisquick, milk and eggs and mixed it with a fork until it was blended.  I added a tablespoon of the mixture to my muffin pans (which had already been sprayed with cooking spray) and then added 1/4 cup of the beef mixture on top, and THEN topped it with the remaining Bisquick mixture.
I threw that (well not LITERALLY threw, but you get my point) into the preheated oven and allowed it to cook for 25 minutes.  Once it was cooked, I let it sit for 5 minutes.  Make sure to let it sit for at least that amount of time, as that's what ensures that these mini pies come out in one piece!  Use a knife to slice around the mini pies to loosen and voila!!!  Dinner is served!!  As you can see by the photo, I also served it with the Asian-Style Oven-Fried Sweet Potatoes that I had served on another meal earlier, the link to that recipe is here.
The mini pies were only 270 calories per 2 mini pies and only $1.47/serving!  Really!!!
Here's the recipe!!

Burger Mixture
1 pound extra lean ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 cup diced roasted red bell peppers (from 16 ounce jar)
1/2 feta cheese, crumbled

Baking Mixture
1/2 cup Bisquick
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs

Happy cooking everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment