Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Grilled Turkey Mexiburgers

Well hello my fine-feathered blogging friends!  I apologize for the delay in posting another blog.  I've gotten an amazing new job and with that, and the start of the school year, I've been pre-tay busy!  Not to worry, I think with three days under my belt at the new job and the kids onto their third day of school tomorrow, things should be smoothing out and going back to normal!
So this meal was SUPER DUPER easy, just like the last one I made!  Oh, and of course yummy!  So first thing's first: I got some ground turkey and put it into a bowl, which I added some chopped fresh parsley to, as well as some pepper and onion powder.  I mixed that together and made four patties and then heat up my grill pan over medium heat.
Once that pre-heated properly, I put the burgers onto my grill pan and allowed them to cook for about 12 minutes, flipping once or twice until I got those awesome grill marks on the burgers.
When they were nearly cooked, I added some Monterey Jack cheese to the tops of the burgers and allowed them to finish cooking in order to help melt the cheese.
Once those were done, I put them onto the hamburger buns I had, topped them with some salsa and voila!!  Dinner was served!
So this meal made 4 burgers at only 330 calories per burger!  Yeah!  It was also only $2.13/serving!  Whoopie!  Here's the recipe:

1 pound lean ground turkey
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 hamburger buns
1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1/4 cup salsa

Happy cooking everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment