Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Skinny Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken

Um, yum!!!  This meal was a pretty easy slow cooker meal and it was delicious!
So first thing's first: I took some chicken breasts out and put them into a slow cooker, then I took a packet of dry Italian dressing mix, mixed it with water and poured it over the chicken,  setting my slow cooker to low and going to work!!!!
When I got home, I took the chicken out onto my cutting board (leaving the liquid in it the slow cooker) and shredded it, putting it aside for the moment until I prepped the rest.  Then I took out some cream cheese (which I softened in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds) and mixed it with a can of cream of chicken soup.  Once that was mixed, I added a package of frozen broccoli (my suggestion is to actually allow the broccoli to thaw because it took quite a while to heat back up once I threw the broccoli in there) and then put the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and mixed well!  Then I switched the slow cooker to high and allowed it to cook until it was heated through.  As I said earlier, it took quite a while to actually heat back up with the frozen broccoli, so, to make it easier and less time consuming on yourself, go ahead and thaw that bag!
Then voila!!  Dinner was served!  This meal made six servings at only 259 calories per serving!!  I was even able to add some rice beneath the chicken which was SOOOO good!  It was also only $3.41/serving!  Whoop whoop!
Here's the recipe!

1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli (thawed)
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) fat free cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup water
1 package dry Italian dressing mix

Happy cooking everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment