Friday, August 23, 2013

3 Envelope Roast

Don't have a lot of time for dinner??  This meal is PERFECT!  I believe it took me no more than two minutes to get this meal set and cooking.  Don't believe me?  Watch this!
So, first thing's first: I got a top round roast and put it into my slow cooker.  Then I took on packet (each) of Italian salad dressing, brown gravy and ranch salad dressing mix, mixed it with two cups of water and poured it over the roast.  Then I set the slow cooker to low, covered it and LEFT FOR WORK!  Seriously, that was it.  The rice and corn you see in the picture took more prep and cooking then the roast did!
When I got home, I quickly shredded the roast with two forks, served it with some rice and corn and voila!!!  Dinner was served!
This meal was tender, delicious and full of flavors for having such a small ingredient list.  It really is a time saver, so I suggest doing this any day you know you're going to be busy!  I just started an amazing new job and needed the time saver and boy did this do it!
The roast made 8 servings at only 291 calories/serving!  With the rice and corn it added up to only 474 calories and it was only $1.89/serving!  Seriously!!
Here's the recipe!

2.5 pound beef roast (I used top round)
1 envelope dry Italian salad dressing mix
1 envelope dry ranch salad dressing mix
1 envelope dry brown gravy mix
2 cups water
AND THAT'S IT!  :)

Happy cooking everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment