Monday, March 5, 2012

Pork Cavatappi Arrabbiata

Hi everyone I'm back!!!!! Still seeing a little fuzzy but clear enough to give you fooooooood!!!! :) So I got this meal originally from the Hunt's website and decided to switch it up (as I do!).
First thing is I cooked 6 ounces of Cavatappi as directed on the package, but don't add salt to the water!!  I also sliced some green bell pepper and red onion (yum).
While that was cooking I started to brown 1/2 pound of lean ground pork for about 8-10 minutes. Once that was done cooking I added 1/2 cup (each) of sliced green bell pepper and red onion and cooked that for about 3 minutes.
I drained the pasta and added 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes to a can of salsa ready diced tomatoes to make it spicy, and then I added the tomatoes and a can of tomato sauce to the meat mixture. I let that summer for about 7 minutes, served and then topped it with mozzarella cheese and voila!!! It was sweet and spicy which was delicious!
The meal was only 378 calories and $2.82/serving! Yay!  Glad to be back people!  I hope you feel the same!!!!!!
Here's the recipe!

6 ounces dry Cavatappi, uncooked
1/2 pound lean ground pork
1/2 cup sliced green bell pepper
1/2 cup sliced red onion
1 can (14.5 ounces) salsa ready diced tomatoes
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/3 cup mozzarella cheese

Happy cooking everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment