Saturday, March 24, 2012

Slow Cooker Cowboy Beef and BBQ Bean Sandwiches

Helloooo everyone!  So this meal I made on Thursday and it was sooooo good!
First thing's first: I sliced two medium onions and put them in my slow cooker, and then topped the onion with a 2 pound boneless beef roast.
Then I topped the beef and onions with 2 cups of baked beans.  The recipe called for 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce, however, I realized too late I was out!  So I used A-1 sauce and it worked fairly well, let me tell you!
I set the slow cooker on low and let it cook for about 10 hours.  Once I got home, I put the beef on a cutting board and shredded it with two forks, and then put it back in the slow cooker and mixed it with the juices and onions.
Then I added 1 tablespoon of coleslaw to each small slider bun I sliced open and topped with 1/4 cup beef mixture.  The recipe actually called for double the amounts on onion kaiser rolls, but I thought using the smaller slider rolls would be run.  We each got two sandwiches and they were delicious!
This meal was 350 for one large sandwich or two smaller ones (as I made) and only $3.46/serving!
Here's the recipe!

2 medium onions, sliced
2 pounds boneless beef roast
2 cups baked beans
1/4 cup barbecue sauce (or if you want to try A-1 sauce I suggest it!)
12 onion kaiser rolls, split (or smaller slider rolls)
1 1/2 cups prepared coleslaw

Happy cooking everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment