Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pork Crunch Burrito

 
Hello my friends!  Last night's meal was an exciting moment for me because I made this ALL BY MYSELF!  Oh yeah, this recipe is ALL MINE.  DEAL WITH IT!
Anyway, I called this meal Pork Crunch Burrito, and it was yummers.  First thing's first: I started to warm a can of black beans on the stove and also added 2/3 cup of frozen corn to the mixture, as well.
  
While that was warming, I diced 1/4 cup onion and cooked 1/2 pound of ground pork and the diced onion in a skillet over medium heat.  I also added 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, chili powder and garlic powder to the pork, as well as 1 teaspoon of cumin, and let that cook.
 
So here's where I forgot to take pictures (apologies), so I'll go over the rest but I have no other pictures until it's done.  You'll get the gist, though!
While the pork was cooking I diced two small roma tomatoes, chopped 1/2 cup of romaine lettuce, crushed about 1/2 cup of multi-grain Scoops chips, and got out some shredded cheddar cheese and fat free sour cream.
I warmed my whole wheat tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds and then (on my burrito) spread 1 tablespoon of sour cream.  My husband isn't a fan of sour cream (I know!) so I'm the only one that eats it!
Once the meat was cooked and the bean/corn mixture sufficiently warmed, I added about 1/4 cup of each to the burrito (using a slotted spoon for the beans so we didn't get any juice in the burrito).  I topped it with about 1-2 tablespoons of cheddar cheese, tomatoes and the crushed chips.  For my husband's I added the lettuce, as well.
Then I wrapped the burrito up and grilled it in a skillet over medium heat until the outside was browned, about 1 minute per side.  And voila!  Pork Crunch Burritos!  I also added some Tapatio, but fee free to add whatever hot sauce or salsa you like.
  
This meal was super easy and very delicious.  It was (I believe I added the calories right!) only 433 calories and made about 5 servings.  It was also only $2.41/serving!  Yay!
Here's my recipe!!!

1/2 pound lean ground pork
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 can black beans
2/3 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup crushed multi-grain Tostitos Scoops
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 small roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup chopped romaine lettuce
sour cream and salsa (as preferred)
5 whole wheat tortillas

Happy cooking everyone!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment