Friday, March 23, 2012

Turkey-Chorizo Tacos

Howdy friends!  Here's one I did on Monday, I think?  This one was DE-licious!  The photo below has the items you will need for this meal:
First thing's first: I chopped 1 onion, as well as 4 ounces of Spanish chorizo.  Then I heat 1 tablespoon of canola oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and added the onion and chorizo to it, cooking it for about 3-5 minutes.
 Once the chorizo was crisp, I added 1/2 pound of ground turkey, along with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and cooked it for another 3-5 minutes.

While that was cooking, I diced 1 avocado to add to the tacos.
Then I warmed some corn tortillas in the microwave for about 45 seconds to 1 minute, put some of the turkey-chorizo onto the tortillas and topped with the avocado.  Of course, I also topped it with my favorite: TAPATIO!!!!!  I also served with a side of black beans, yum and voila!  Dinner was served!!!
Even though I am partial to Mexican food anyway, this was still a very delicious, and filling, meal.  It was 360 calories for 2 tacos, and with a side of black beans was still only 415 calories!  AAAAAAAnd it was only $2.33/serving!!!  That's with the black beans!!  Woo!!
Here's the recipe!

1 tablespoon canola oil
1 onion, chopped
4 ounces Spanish chorizo, chopped
1/2 pound ground turkey
kosher salt and ground pepper
8 corn tortillas, warmed
sour cream, sliced avocado, salsa, fresh cilantro sprigs and lime wedges, if desired, for serving

Happy cooking everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment