Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Shrimp Scampi with Pasta

All right everyone, I'm back!  Got my 'bandage' contacts out last week and I've been seeing worse, but I've been getting demands to blog, so here I am!  Last night I made a family shrimp scampi recipe that I decided to toss with some pasta and it was delicious!
First thing's first: I melted 6 tablespoons of margarine, added 3 diced cloves of garlic and 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley into a skillet on medium heat.
                                                
While that was cooking, I started to cook 4 ounces of whole wheat angel hair pasta.  Once the butter was melted and the garlic cooked, I added 1 pound of raw shrimp (shells removed and deveined), and cooked it for about 5 minutes.
Once the shrimp was cooked, I added 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese (yum) and cooked that until melted.  Then I added the shrimp mixture to the pasta, tossed and served!  Yummies!  :)
I had to add the calories again myself, so hopefully I did it right!  It was 509.5 calories per serving, and with the sizes I used, it was a 2 serving meal.  Feel free to double/triple/etc. as needed.  :)
Here's the recipe!

6 tablespoons margarine
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
4 ounces whole wheat pasta
1 pound raw shrimp, shells removed and deveined
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Happy cooking everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment