Thursday, March 29, 2012

Lemon Lime Chicken Tacos

Here's a meal I made earlier this week.  It was originally called Lime Chicken Tacos, however, I only had enough 'lime' for part of it, so I also used some lemons!
First thing's first: I combined 3 tablespoons of lemon and lime juice with 1 tablespoon chili powder, and then poured it over some chicken I had in a slow cooker.  Then I set it on low and let it cook for about 5 1/2 hours.
Once the chicken was done, I took it out of the slow cooker onto a cutting board and shredded the meat with two forks.  I returned it to the slow cooker with 1 cup (each) of frozen corn and salsa.  I covered it and cooked it for another 30 minutes.
Once it was heated through, I served it with small corn tortillas (the original recipe called for flour tortillas) and voila!  Dinner was served!
Two tacos were equal to 148 calories!  I know!  It was also only $1.11 (based on the recipe showing it makes 12 servings)!  What?!?  I know, seriously.
Here's the recipe!

1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons lime and/or lemon juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup salsa
12 fat-free flour tortillas (or 24 corn tortillas), warmed

Happy cooking everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment