Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pollo Fajitas

Today's meal was really good, but apparently my eyes are still so bad that most of my pictures came out out of focus.  :(  Sorry everyone, but I'll still post the recipe!
First thing's first: I mixed Worcestershire sauce, cider vinegar, soy sauce, chili powder, 1 minced garlic clove and 1 dash of hot pepper sauce in a bowl.  I sliced 1 1/2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts into strips, added it to the marinade and let it sit for half an hour.
While it was marinating, I sliced 1 green bell pepper and 1/2 of a large onion.  Once it was done marinating, I added 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to a skillet and it heated it on high heat. Then I added the marinated chicken strips and cooked for about 5 minutes, until it was fairly cooked, and then I added the bell pepper and onion and cooked that for 3 minutes.
Once it was done cooking, I removed it from the heat and added the juice of 1/2 of a lemon to the mixture and stirred it.  Then I added the mixture to a whole wheat tortilla and served it with some black beans.  Yummy!
The meal was 310 calories (the recipe only showed 210 calories for the chicken mixture and I'm adding the 100 calories from the whole wheat tortilla).  With the black beans, the meal was still only $2.93/serving!  Whoa!
Here's the recipe!

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 clove garlic, minced
1 dash hot pepper sauce
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 large onion, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1/2 lemon, juiced

No comments:

Post a Comment