Monday, April 30, 2012

Pepper Jack Enchiladas

Hello again everyone!  This was tonight's meal and, let me tell you, it was DEEEEEEEEEELICIOUS!  My husband went back for seconds and thirds...no joke!
First thing's first: I heat the stove to 350 degrees and I chopped 1 cup of onions and added it to a skillet with 1 pound of lean ground turkey (the recipe called for lean ground beef, but, again, if you've read my blog this far, you know I will always go ground turkey!), cooking it over medium heat.
While the meat was cooking, I took 6 ounces of pepper jack cheese and cut them into slices and set it aside.  Once it was cooked, I drained it of the little liquid that was in there and added 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce to the mix.
While I let that mixture heat through, I added another 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce to the bottom of a 13x9 glass baking dish.  Then I added 1/4 cup of the meat mixture to 12 corn tortillas (make sure to warm them beforehand or the tortillas will break.  I rolled them up and placed them, seam down, into the baking dish and topped it with 1 cup of the remaining enchilada sauce, as well as topped it with the slices of pepper jack cheese.
I let that cook in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, and then voila!  Dinner was served!  This meal was fairly simple to make and sooooooo good!
With the ground turkey, it made the meal 182 calories per enchilada and since the recipe says it was a 6 serving meal, it was only $1.31/serving!  No joke!
Here's the recipe!

1 pound lean ground beef
1 cup chopped onions
2 cups enchilada sauce, divided
6 ounces pepper jack cheese, cut into thin slices
12 corn tortillas (6 inch), softened

Happy cooking everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment