Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pepper Jack Chicken

Howdy friends, another installment of Mama Feta's Meals is coming at you!!!!  I made this a few nights ago and it was sooooo good!
First thing's first: I cut 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts into chunks, and then sliced (each) 1 green, red and orange pepper into strips.


I added those, as well 1 can of nacho cheese soup, to a slow cooker, along with 1/2 cup of salsa and 1/8 teaspoon chili powder.

I mixed the items together and then set the slow cooker to low and let it cook for 5 1/2 hours.  When the meal was almost done, I cooked some rice to add to it.
After that, voila!!  Dinner was served!  With 1 cup of the chicken mixture and 3/4 cup of rice, the meal was only 360 calories!  What?!?  Seriously, I know.  It was also only $3.15/serving!  Yay!

Here's the recipe!

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into chunks
1 each small green, sweet red and orange pepper, cut into thin strips
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) nacho cheese soup, undiluted
1/2 cup chunky salsa
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
4 1/2 cups hot cooked rice

Happy cooking everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment