Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spicy Taco Pizza

Tonight's meal was so good, there weren't any leftovers!!
First thing's first that I did (and my oldest son helped too!) was preheat the oven to 400 degrees and then sprayed a cookie sheet and added a refrigerated pizza crust to it.  My son spread it out so well it fit the whole pan!
Then I cooked 1 pound of ground turkey, drained it once it was cooked, and let my son add a packet of taco seasoning to it, as well as the water directed on the package.  Once that was cooked, we added the turkey on top of the dough.
Then I had my son add a can of Rotel on top of the meat, as well as added 2 cups of Colby and Monterrey Jack cheese.

Then I added it to the preheated oven and cooked for 15 minutes and voila!  Dinner was served!
This meal was only 189 calories per piece, so everyone was able to have a few (my oldest son clearly worked up an appetite because he had five pieces!).  I also added my usual Tapatio to the mix and it was YUM-MY and only $2.20/serving!  
Here's the recipe!!

1 pound ground turkey (the original recipe called for ground beef)
2 cups Colby & Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
1 can Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
1 can thin pizza crust
1 package taco seasoning

Happy cooking everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment