Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ramen Shrimp and Vegetables

Whoa, hi everyone!  This meal was so super easy, filling and delicious!
First thing's first: I took 1 pound of shrimp, that I had peeled and deveined, and cooked them in a skillet over medium-high heat.  It took about 2-4 minutes, and then I set it aside while I cooked the other items.
Then I heat 2 cups of water to boiling and added the noddles portion of a package of Oriental flavored ramen to the boiling water (make sure to break it up prior to adding it to the water).  I cooked that until it was softened, and then added 1 pound of stir-fry vegetables to the water and cooked about 4-6 minutes.
Then I added the seasoning packet from the ramen to the mixture, as well as 1/4 cup stir-fry sauce, and I let it cook for about 3-5 minutes, until it was hot, and added the previously cooked shrimp.
Then voila!  Dinner was served!
This meal was only 210 calories and $3.07/serving!  So delicious!  See?!?  Who says ramen has to be only eaten by broke college kids!!  :)
Here's the recipe!

1 pound uncooked, peeled, deveined, medium shrimp, thawed
2 cups water
1 package (3 ounces) Oriental flavor ramen noodle soup mix
1 bag (1 pound) fresh stir-fry vegetables
1/4 cup stir-fry sauce

Happy cooking everyone!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for letting us know this ramen vegetable and Shrimp Stir Fry. I like your recipe and I think my husband will like it too. Keep on sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for viewing! Please feel free to let me know if there's anything you'd like to see cooked on here and I will be happy to make it! :)

      Delete