Monday, April 30, 2012

Easy Pork Skillet

Howdy friends!  So this meal, at first glance of the title, was a little misleading to me.  When I thought 'pork skillet' I thought it was going to be some sort of pork chop meal, but instead, turned out to be another ramen meal!  You can see I am clearly excited about this...I feel like it's my duty to tell people the many ways you can use ramen, and it doesn't have to be only because you're poor and in college haha!
First thing's first: I cut a 3/4 pound pork tenderloin into 1/8 inch strips, as well as cut 1 cup of broccoli and 1 red bell pepper into 3/4 inch pieces.
Then I heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and added the pork to it.  It took about 5-6 minutes to cook all the way through, and then I added 2 packages of ramen noodles from 2 pork flavored packages.  Make sure to break it up first!
At the same time, I also added 1 1/2 cups of water, the pork season packets, the broccoli and red bell peppers, as well as 1 tablespoon (each) of parsley and soy sauce.  The original recipe also called for green onions, however, I was out so I just didn't add them.
I heat this to a boil, and let it boil for about 4 minutes, until the noodles were softened and voila! Dinner was served!
This meal was so easy, yet delicious, and turned yet another boring package of ramen into an amazing meal!  The meal was only 345 calories and only $2.49/serving!  Yum, yum, yum!!!!!
Here's the recipe!

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3/4 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/8 inch strips
2 packages (3 ounces each) pork-flavored ramen noodles
1 1/2 cups water
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces (1 cup)
1 cup broccoli flowerets
4 medium green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces (1/2 cup)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon soy sauce

Happy cooking everyone!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment