Thursday, April 12, 2012

Skillet Chicken Parmigiana

Wow, long time no see everyone!  These past few weeks have been crazy (both good and bad), but hopefully I can be a bit more consistent now.  My eyes are doing much better so I'm going to try using the GOOD camera to get better pictures later, but we'll see how much patience I have for that!  :)
I made this meal the other day and it was really good.  First thing's first: I placed my four chicken breasts on some wax paper and flattened them until they were about 1/4 inch thickness.  I mixed 1/3 cup (each) of bread crumbs and grated Parmesan cheese in one bowl and beat an egg in another.
Then, one at a time, I added 4 chicken breasts to the egg first, coated it, and then covered it with the bread crumbs.
Then I added 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to a skillet and cooked the chicken over medium heat until it was no longer pink.  It took about 15 minutes, turning it once.  Once the chicken was cooked, I added 2 cups of pasta sauce to the skillet and heat it until it was hot, and then topped it with 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
And voila!  You have Skillet Chicken Parmesan!  This was pretty delicious, and stayed under my 500 calorie rule by being only 440 calories!  It was also only $3.44/serving!  Woo!!
Here's the recipe!

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups tomato pasta sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Happy cooking everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment