Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Spicy Chipotle Turkey Burgers

Howdy my fine-feathered friends!  This meal was, let me tell you, absolutely delicious!  I think I might need to make it again...pronto!
So first thing's first: I chopped 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, 1/2 cup of onions and 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce and set it aside.
Then, in a mixing bowl, I added 1 pound of ground turkey, 1 teaspoon (each) of garlic powder, onion powder and season salt, as well as 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
After that I added the cilantro, onions and chipotle chile and mixed well, forming four patties!
The original recipe called for grilling the patties, but I'm not the best at the grill, so I used my awesome grill pan instead!  They took a good 4-6 minutes per side to cook, and then, once they were cooked, I added a slice of cheddar cheese to each patty to let it melt.  The original recipe called for mozzarella slices, but I used what I had and it still turned out delicious!
Then I added them to some toasted wheat buns and voila!  Dinner was served!  I was surprised that it was so good, seeing as there wasn't any kind of toppings on it, but it really ended up delicious and just the right kind of spicy!  Yum!
The meal was only 376 calories (allowing me to add a small pasta dish on the side) and $2.68/serving.  Whoa!
Here's the recipe!

1 pound ground turkey
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, finely chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon season salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 slices mozzarella cheese
4 hamburger buns, split and toasted

No comments:

Post a Comment