Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Barbecued Chicken Burritos

Hello friends!  Tonight's meal was so good that ALL of my boys went back for another helping!
So, first thing's first: I took a 2 pound rotisserie chicken, removed the bones and diced the chicken.  Be prepared for this to take a while.  The recipe actually said it's only a 5 minute prep...this is SO not the case.  It took me a good 15-20 minutes to remove all the chicken from the bones and then coarsely dice them.  Then I threw that in a skillet along with 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce, 1 cup pf drained and rinsed black beans, 1/2 cup frozen corn (the recipe said to thaw it but I didn't because I like my corn a little crunchy!) and 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream.
Then I let that cook on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, or until hot.  After that I took four whole wheat tortillas (make sure to warm them beforehand!), added a whole romaine lettuce leaf to each, and split the chicken mixture among them.  The recipe said that the mixture could be separated equally among the four tortillas, but we actually had extra (the tortillas were only 10 inch tortillas), hence how my three guys were able to have some more!
Then I folded them in my oh so talented way (I got all my skills from Taco Bell at a young age!) and sliced each burrito in half and voila!  Dinner was served!!
So this meal was a mere 353 calories for one burrito and only $2.67/serving!!!  Yowza!  Such an easy and delicious meal!
Here's the recipe!

1 (2 pound) roasted chicken, skin discarded, meat removed from bones and coarsely diced
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup frozen corn
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
4 pieces romaine lettuce
4 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas

Happy cooking everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment