Friday, May 18, 2012

Italian Pasta and Turkey Bake

Hello friends!  So this recipe was originally called Italian Pasta and Beef Bake, but you all know how I feel about ground beef, so it was, of course, replaced with ground turkey!
So first thing's first: I set my oven to preheat to 350 degrees and started to brown my ground turkey while it was heating.  When it was sufficiently browned, I added 1 can (each) of Italian-style sauce, Italian-style diced tomatoes and sliced mushrooms.
While I let that come to a boil, I cooked some mostaccioli as directed and drained it.  Once the sauce was sufficiently heated, I put it into a sprayed baking dish and then added the mostaccioli, mixing it well.
Then I covered it with foil and put it in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.  I uncovered it, added some mozzarella cheese and baked it for an additional 5 minutes to melt the cheese and voila!  Dinner was served!
This meal was super easy to make and so very delicious!  It was only 375 calories (for sure less with the ground turkey) and seriously only $1.62/serving!  Yay!
Here's the recipe!

6 ounces uncooked mostaccioli
1/2 pound lean ground beef (or in my case, ground turkey!)
1 15 ounce can Italian-style tomato sauce
1 14.5 ounce can Italian-style diced tomatoes
1 4.5 ounce can sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Happy cooking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment