Thursday, May 10, 2012

Inwood Hamburgers

Hello again!  Tonight's meal was really good, but I'll admit, the final picture isn't that pretty.  Trust me that it tasted amazing!
First thing's first: I took 4 soft sun-dried tomatoes and chopped them, adding them to a bowl with 2 green onions that were finely chopped, 2 cloves of garlic that were minced and 1/2 of a green bell pepper that was chopped.  I also added 1 egg, 3 tablespoons of bread crumbs, 1 dash (each) of Worcestershire and hot pepper sauce, as well as salt and pepper to taste.
Then I added 1 pound of ground turkey (the recipe called for ground beef, as usual!) to the bowl and mixed it all together.  The recipe said it was an 8 serving meal, but I made them just a bit larger and made 6 patties.
Then I heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and cooked the burgers until they were done, about 6-8 minutes (if it's ground beef you're using, just cook it to your preferred way of being done).
While those were cooking, I toasted English muffins, added the desired toppings to each burger and voila!  Dinner was served!!
This meal was so surprisingly filling that it has been almost 3 hours since we ate and I'm STILL full.  With using the ground turkey, the calories went down to 273/serving and only $1.03/serving...seriously, I'm not joking!
Here's the recipe!

1 pound ground turkey
4 soft sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
2 green onions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1 egg
3 tablespoons bread crumbs
1 dash Worcestershire sauce
1 dash hot pepper sauce
salt and pepper top taste
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
6 English muffins, split and toasted

Happy cooking everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment