Friday, May 18, 2012

Chicken Manicotti

Hello again!  This was a meal I made a few nights ago and it was soooooo good!
First thing's first: I preheated my oven to 350 degrees.  While that was warming, I mixed some pasta sauce with some water, and then put 1/3 of that mixture on the bottom of a glass baking dish.  I sprinkled some garlic salt onto chicken tenders (I sliced them into chicken tenders from some chicken breasts), and then stuffed those into manicotti shells, putting the stuffed shells on top of the sauce.
Then I poured the remaining sauce on top of the shells and covered it with foil, baking it in the preheated oven for 1 hour.  Once that cooked, I uncovered it and added some mozzarella cheese, cooking it for another 5 minutes to melt it.
Once that was done, I sprinkled fresh, chopped basil on top and voila!  Dinner was served!
The meal made 7 servings and was 370 calories for 2 manicotti's AND only $1.43/serving!!  Whoa!
Here's the recipe!

1 25.5 ounce jar pasta sauce
3/4 cup water
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 1/2 pounds uncooked chicken breast tenders
14 uncooked manicotti shells (8 ounces)
 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
Chopped fresh basil leaves

Happy cooking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment