Thursday, May 10, 2012

Broiled Pizza Chicken Kabobs

Hi everyone!!  I made this meal last night and it was soooooooo good!  I also ended up doubling the recipe because it was only for 2 servings!
So, first thing's first: I took 1 1/2 pounds of chicken breasts (the recipe called for 3/4 pound of chicken breast tenders) and sliced them into tender sizes.  I also cut 1 medium red bell pepper into 1-inch pieces.  The recipe also called for whole mushrooms, however, my family (besides me!) isn't too keen on mushrooms, so I used quite a bit less than the recipe and only sliced pieces.
I alternately thread the chicken, bell peppers and mushrooms onto metal skewers and brushed them with 4 tablespoons of reduced-fat Italian dressing.  The recipe also called for 1 teaspoon (2 for my doubled recipe) of pizza seasoning, however, pizza seasoning is apparently fairly difficult to come by (based on the stores I went to) so I just used basil and it worked great!
The recipe called for grilling, however, I'm not the greatest on the grill so I just broiled them.  While that was cooking, I warmed 1/2 cup of pizza sauce as dipping for the kabobs.  It took about 8-10 minutes for the chicken to cook and, when I took it out, I added 4 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and served it with the warmed pizza sauce.  Man, was it delicious!  That's how we say voila!  Dinner was served!  :)
It was only 290 calories/kabob and $3.14/serving!
Here's the recipe!  Remember that this recipe below is doubled, the original recipe was for only 2 servings!

1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders (or chicken breasts sliced into tenders)
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 package fresh whole mushrooms (8 ounces)
4 tablespoons reduced-fat Italian dressing
2 teaspoons pizza seasoning (or if you're out of pizza, basil worked well, also)
4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup pizza sauce

Happy cooking everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment