Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Breakfast Edition: Garden Bacon Monkey Bread

YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH BACON!!!!!!!!!!!!
There, I said it.  Moving on.  I made this for my boys a few weeks ago and just kept doing other blogs before this one.  I felt it was an appropriate time to do it since there was a bacon meal tonight!
Anyway, first thing's first: this was a breakfast I originally had little big man help me with that I think might have inspired him to start cooking!  Hmmmmm.  So as I WAS saying, little big man helped me cut the pop-n-fresh biscuits into thirds.  Then I added that to a bowl with some melted butter, chopped red and green bell pepper, along with crumbled bacon and shredded cheddar cheese   Then I poured it into a pre-greased bundt pan and baked it in my oven (preheat to 350 degrees!) for about 35 minutes.  Then, you know it...VOILA!!!  Breakfast was served!!!!!!!
This was so much fun for the boys to peel at it and munch, and it was so yummy.  It made 12 servings at 258 calories/serving and was only $2.46/serving!  Whoop!!!
Here's the recipe:

4 packs of biscuits (7.5 ounce), cut into thirds
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
5 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Happy cooking everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment