Friday, November 1, 2013

Shredded Chicken and Corn Tostadas

Howdy!!!!!  So listen, I know it's been another minute since I've posted something and let me tell you, my new (can I call it new anymore??) has kept me BU-SY!!  Not to mention, hubs' birthday was yesterday (yes Halloween, be jelly!) AND we had our boys doing fun stuff also, so it has been hectic.  PLUS, I actually made some awesome meals but FORGOT TO TAKE PHOTOS!  Sometimes after work I'm just so tired, and hungry!, that I just devour the food before I remember I should've taken a photo.  Not today, my friends!!
All of my boys really enjoyed this meal, and I believe hubs called it an 'alien/Mexican awesomeness', or something like that, haha!!
So anyway, first thing's first: the meal called for 'shredded chicken' (I know, duh), so I decided to boil the chicken because that always seems to be the best way for me to 'shred' my chicken, but do it any way you choose!  While I boiled that, I got a cookie sheet and baked some soft taco sized flour tortillas (it fit two at a time on my cookie sheet) in my oven preheated to 375 degrees for about 7 minutes (this seemed to work the best for my oven).
While those were all cooking and baking, I also shredded some lettuce and sliced some green onions for later.  I also pre-mixed some sour cream and milk until thin, oh yeah!
When my chicken was done (I apologize, I was prepping so many other things that I didn't even bother to check how much time it took,  I'd say 10-12 minutes, maybe?  Don't quote me on that, though!), I took two forks and shredded it, and then put some into a saucepan with some Mexicorn and salsa!  I let that cook on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.  Then I topped my cooked tortillas with the lettuce, and then the chicken mixture, followed by some Monterey Jack cheese, the sour cream mixture and finished with the green onions and VOILA!!!!!!!  Dinner was served!!!
This meal was fun to eat and SUPER yummy.  It was only 270 calories/tostada and was only $1.82/serving!  Yeah buddy!!!
Here's the recipe!!

8 soft taco sized flour tortillas
1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
1 1/2 cup shredded chicken
1 jar (16 ounces) salsa (any kind!)
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons milk
2 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup sliced green onions

Happy cooking everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment