Friday, November 1, 2013

Huevos Rancheros

Let me tell you, I've always wanted to try this meal, whether I made it or got it in a restaurant, but man was it yummy!  Oh, and really filling, I was really surprised by how full I was afterwards!
So anyway, first thing's first: I heat some oil in a small saucepan and cooked some onions I had minced beforehand, and then added some minced tomatoes, green chiles, cumin, salt and pepper and let that cook for a few more minutes.
When that was done I set it aside and kept it warm, and then I got another pan and lightly sprayed some corn tortillas with cooking spray and allowed them to cook on both sides until crispy, and then I set THAT aside.
Once THOSE were done, I sprayed the same pan with more cooking spray and cooked each egg individually (sunny side up!).  Then VOILA!!!  Dinner was served by topping the cooked tortillas with the eggs, followed by the tomato mixture, the lettuce, some pepper Jack cheese and finally with cilantro!  Yummy!
This meal was soooooo flavorful, and only 194 calories/tortilla with egg and sauce, AND only $1.14/serving!  Whoop whoop!!!
Here's the recipe:

1 teaspoon oil
1 onion, minced
2 medium tomatoes, minced
4 tablespoons green chiles (whichever canned brand you like!)
cooking spray
salt and pepper
2 pinches cumin
4 large eggs
1/2 cup shredded lettuce
2 ounces shredded pepper Jack cheese
4 teaspoons chopped cilantro
4 corn tortillas

Happy cooking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment