Thursday, October 3, 2013

Snack Edition: Ice Cream Bread

So, yeah, you read that right...ICE...CREAM...BREAD.  I can't make this stuff up, people.  This was SO easy, so much FUN to make, and the possibilities are ENDLESS!!
So here's all it took: ice cream and flour.  I KID YOU NOT!  We, for this bread I actually used Greek frozen yogurt, but I intend to try this again with MANY different flavors, just to see what works.
SOOOOOOO, first thing's first: I preheat my oven to 350 degrees, greased a loaf pan with cooking spray and then mixed the softened yogurt with the flour.  I added that mixture to the greased loaf pan, put it in the preheated oven for about 43 minutes and VOILA!!  THAT'S how you make ice cream bread!
It was sweet and the texture was different but delicious, AND it made 10 slices at only 106 calories/slice!  Whoop!  Also, only $0.86/serving!  I know!
Here's the recipe:

1 pint (2 cups) ice cream, softened
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour

Happy snacking everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment