Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Son Can Cook Edition: Fried Egg Cheeseburger Skillet

Hiya all!!  So the past few days I've had to work later than my normal hours and my boys have been working hard to make dinner for me!  I can only take credit for pre-purchasing the items, but other than that...MY BOYS CAN COOK!!!  We also wanted to show him that he can learn how to follow directions in anything by following directions from a recipe!
So I'll do just like I did on my Hubs Can Cook Edition and list the recipe and some brief instructions and you can take over from there!  I suggest working later once or twice a week, so YOUR kids can cook for you, too!  :P
So here's the recipe:

1 pound extra lean ground beef
1 box Hamburger Helper cheeseburger macaroni
1 cup hot water
2 cups milk (my son used 1%)
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
4 eggs
salt and pepper

Cook the ground beef and drain.  Then stir in the season packet from the Hamburger Helper box, along with the hot water.  Add the milk and uncooked pasta and heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.  Reduce the heat and let that simmer, covered, for about 12 minutes, making sure to stir occasionally.
In a skillet, melt the butter and fry the eggs (over easy), sprinkling them with salt and pepper.  THEN serve the pasta mixture into bowls, top with the fried eggs and VOILA!!  Dinner was served!!!
This meal made four servings at exactly 500 calories/serving!!  Whoop!!  It was also only $2.83/serving!
Little big man can certainly cook.  This meal was sooooo delicious!!!!  Anything with a fried egg on top, I always say!  I love being spoiled once in a while.  :P

Happy cooking everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment