Thursday, October 3, 2013

Asian Beef with Snow Peas

Hey there cooking friends!  It has been a minute and I KNOW, but it has been nuts at this house!
SO, this meal was EASY and YUMMY.  Why not give it a whirl??  First thing's first: in a small bowl I combined some soy sauce with rice vinegar, brown sugar and cornstarch and then set it aside.
Once I completed that, I heated some oil in a skillet over medium high heat and added some minced ginger and garlic, cooking for 30 seconds.  Then I added some steak I had previously cut into thin strips and allowed that to cook for about 2 minutes until browned.  Once that was done, I added some frozen snow peas and then cooked it for an ADDITIONAL 3 minutes, adding the soy sauce mixture once that was done.
I lowered the heat and allowed it simmer until the sauce thickened and VOILA!!  Dinner was served!!
So, as I said, this meal was SUPER easy and very delicious!  The best part, of course, is that it was only 203 calories/serving!  This meal made 4 servings so I was even able to serve this over rice!  YUMS.  It was also only $1.49/serving!  Whoop!!
Here's the recipe!

3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 pound beef round steak, cut into thin strips
8 ounces frozen snow peas

Happy cooking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment