Monday, September 9, 2013

Caesar Chicken Paninis

OH...MA...GAWD.  These were ridiculously good and I plan on making this again this week!  Holy cow, I demand you make these immediately!!  Okay, I won't demand, but pretty please?  You won't be sorry!
So first thing's first: I took some chicken breasts and put them between two pieces of wax paper, pounding them with a meat mallet until it was about 1/4 inch thick.  Once I had finished that, I sprayed a skillet with cooking spray and cooked the chicken breasts for about 10-15 minutes.  I turned them a few times because I wanted to get a nice brown color on it.
While that was cooking, I sliced a tomato, some red onion and got some romaine lettuce leaves.  When the chicken was almost done, I threw the onion rings in the skillet with it, allowing them to cook for a few minutes until they softened and lightened in color.  After the chicken and onions were cooked, I took them out and then sliced some rolls in half, putting them in the skillet and allowing them to toast for about a minute.
I put the chicken breasts on the rolls, topped it with some shredded Parmesan cheese, the onions, lettuce and tomatoes and finished with some Caesar dressing.  Then...VOILA!!!  Dinner was served!!!
Again...HOLY COW.  This was just too delicious.  This made four servings at only 310 calories/serving and the cost was only $2.22/serving!!  YUM!
Here's the recipe:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
4 small hard rolls (about 4 x 3 inches), split
4 slices red onion
1 tomato, sliced
1/3 cup fat-free Caesar dressing
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
4 leaves romaine lettuce

Happy cooking everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment