Friday, September 6, 2013

Hubs Can Cook Edition: Bacon Cheeseburger Tacos

Bacon??  Tacos??  Oh mercy, this meal did me in!  The best part was I can't even take credit for making this meal, my hubs surprised me after work and was already cooking it!  Such a wonderful man!  :)  My hubs actually told me the other day (in reference to some guacamole hummus I made the other day) that I should always try to combine two of his favorite things into one and then he went ahead and did that for me, yay!
So, I'm going over the "how to" based on what my hubs relayed to me!  First thing's first: my hubs cooked some extra lean ground beef with some chopped onion in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for about 7 minutes.  Once it was cooked, he drained it and then added some taco seasoning and water, allowing it to cook over medium heat for another 4 minutes or so.  He stirred it frequently until it thickened and then added some salsa con queso dip to it, as well.
During this time he was also cooking the bacon, allowing it cool and then chopping it into smaller bits.  He ALSO chopped some tomatoes and shredded some lettuce.  Once that was all done and the bacon was cooked, he heated up some hard and soft taco shells in the microwave for about 30 seconds or so.  Then he filled the taco shells with the meat mixture and topped it with the lettuce tomato and bacon and VOILA!!!  Dinner was served!!!
This meal was absolutely amazing and was only 350 calories for 2 tacos!!  WHAT!!  I know!  It made 6 servings at only $2.12/serving!  Talk about amazing!
Here's the recipe:

1 pound extra lean ground beef
1 medium onion chopped (about 1/2 cup)
2 tablespoons taco seasoning (hubs used my homemade one, or you can use one package of pre-made)
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup salsa con queso dip
1 box hard and soft taco shells (6 hard and 6 soft)
1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
1 large tomato, chopped
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled

Happy cooking everyone!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment