Thursday, April 4, 2013

Honey Garlic Pork Chops

Okay, first, let me get this out of the way: OH...MA...GAWD, March was a complete time consumer!!  All good, thankfully, but YOWZA!  I had intended to dwindle my GINORMOUS stack of recipes by posting more and what ended up happening instead?  I added...of course.  HOWEVER, I think I'm able to get back on track now, although I'm not making any promises...that seems to jinx me!  :)
So here we go!  This meal I made, clearly weeks ago, nonetheless I remember it was dee-licious!
First thing's first: I minced 6 cloves of garlic and added it to a bowl with 3 tablespoons of soy sauce and 3/8 cup of honey and mixed well.  Once that was completed, I added the pork chops (6 boneless loin, they were about 4 ounces each) and made sure to coat them all evenly.
Once that was completed, I heated my grill pan on medium-high heat, coated it with cooking spray and cooked them until done, basting two or three times in between cooking.
Once that was done VOILA!!  Dinner was served!  This was a very low calorie meal so, as you can see, I was able to add some vegetables and rice on the side and still fit within my 500 calorie limit!  This meal made 6 servings and it was 214.5 calories per serving and only $1.37/serving!!  Pretty crazy, right?  It was a very quick-to-fix meal that was loaded with flavor and low in calories.  Try it yourself and let me know what you think!!
Here's the recipe!!!

3/8 cup honey
3 tablespoons soy sauce
6 cloves garlic, minced
6 pork loin chops, boneless, 4 ounces each

Happy less-time-consuming cooking everyone!!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment