Thursday, April 4, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Treats!

So a little bit ago I did promise to inundate you with all of the awesomeness that was my family's St. Patrick's Day treats and...well...MARCH happened and here we are on April 4th, but hey, at least I'm still posting it!  :)
I've basically posted a few of the treats I made and will do another blog post showing the dinner I made.  The images above are some delicious Lucky Charms ® Cupcakes (the recipe I got from the Betty Crocker website oddly enough), Shamrock Juice, and some GREEN Corn Dog Muffins I made for the family for lunch.
So I'll just list the recipes below and you can do as you please!!

Lucky Charms ® Cupcakes:

1 box Betty Crocker ® Super Moist ® yellow cake mix
1 container Betty Crocker ® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
3 cups Lucky Charms ® cereal
Green Food coloring

So first thing's first: I heat the oven to 350 degrees, put paper cups in my muffin pan (I currently only have 1 muffin pan and this particular recipe made 24 cupcakes so I had to do this twice).  Once that was done, I mixed the cake mix with the water, vegetable oil and eggs that were called for on the box and separated the mix into the paper cups equally, baking them as called for, as well, on the box.  When it was done, I made sure to cool completely before frosting them.  The recipe actually just called to frost them with the white frosting but I wanted to make it even more GREEN, so I had actually added a couple of drops of food coloring to the cake mixture AND the frosting.  Once it was frosted I topped it with the Lucky Charms ® and voila!  Yummy St. Patrick's Day cupcakes!

Shamrock Juice:

This recipe was more look and guess.  You'll need pineapple juice, sparkling lemonade, sparkling white grape juice and lime Popsicles!  The original recipe also stated to use green apples, however, the way the stores where I live completely breeze over the St. Patrick's Day holiday didn't leave me the ability to find a shamrock cookie cutter to use on the apples so I just left it out of the recipe!!
What I ended up doing was getting a large pitcher and mixing two cups of each of the pineapple juice, sparkling lemonade and white grape juice.  Once that was mixed I cut up the lime Popsicles and put them into separate cups and evenly distributed the juice and voila!!  Yummy juice that I put on the side of our DELICIOUS St. Patrick's Day dinner.  Try this, it was really good.  I don't even like pineapples or anything that has pineapple in it, but this was very refreshing!

Green Corn Dog Muffins:

I love these...ever since I saw them on Pinterest it has been a weekend staple at our house.  Kids love it, husband loves it, I love it...it's amazing.  So quick, yummy and filling!
1 Box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
Eggs and milk called for on box
3 turkey hot dogs

So I also mixed some green food coloring into this mixture as well because, HELLO, it was St. Patrick's Day!!  Once the mixture was evenly mixed, I greased my muffin pan with some cooking spray and put the mixture into it.  I cut the turkey hot dogs into 4 equal pieces for each hot dog and put those into the muffin mixture, baking them as directed on the package and VOILA!!!  St. Patrick's Day lunch muffins!  So yummy :)

Happy cooking everyone, and I hope everyone had as much fun on their St. Patrick's Day as our family did!

No comments:

Post a Comment