Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tuna Muffin Melt


Hey everyone I'm back from that long break of one day!!!  It has been such an amazing weekend hanging with my boys; checking out many of the local museums; that I just couldn't bring myself to interrupt our wonderful time together!
Even though today wasn't a work/school day, the meal I made managed to be even EASIER than the last one!  This is certainly something you could throw together on a 'running late' kind of day.
First thing's first: you'll need some English muffins (yum),
Some tuna (I used 2 cans for my family, but use as many, or as little as you require),
AND cream cheese!  The recipe says you can also use American cheese spread, so feel free to try that one instead and let me know how it goes!  You'll also need a tomato or two, but that's not until later!
I mixed 2/3 cups of the cream cheese with the tuna and then set that aside while I started to prep the other items.
Next I split the English muffins and placed them on a cookie sheet.  The recipe says to toast them, so go ahead and try that one as well!  Then I spread the tuna/cream cheese mixture onto the muffins.
Those then went into the broiler for about 4 minutes.  Once that time passed, I took them out of the broiler.  I sliced a Roma tomato and then sliced those slices in half.  Those slices went on top of them tuna muffins, and then the remaining cream cheese was dolloped on top.  That went back into the broiler for about another 1-2 minutes.  Then guess what?  That is it!  Was this easy or was this easy??
I almost feel like I screwed everyone on this blog tonight because this was just SO easy, but that's kind of my point, isn't it?  :)  Serve this with what you like (tonight we had fries).  I also suggest, if you like spice, go ahead and try your favorite hot sauce on these muffins.  I added Tapatio and it was DELICIOUS.
This meal was 367 calories and only $1.92/serving!  That's phenomenal...even I'm impressed with my own skills!  And this cost is actually a little bit more than it really is because I don't know the cost of just one tomato, I had bought a big bag!  :)
Obviously, if tuna isn't your family's thing, I'd suggest trying this with canned chicken.  In fact, I think I will try this again that way as well!
The recipe is below.  Keep on cooking people!!!

Tuna Muffin Melt:
1 5 oz. cream cheese
1 6.5 oz. can tuna, drained and broken into chunks
3 English muffins, split and toasted
6 slices tomato, halved

Again, I doubled this recipe, but add or subtract as needed!  Happy cooking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment