Friday, March 8, 2013

Snack Edition: Healthy Cookies



Hello once more on this fine, very cold and rainy evening!  I decided to do one more of my blogs since it had been so long, and this one is an easy snack edition which you will all LOVE!
So this snack only required THREE ingredients and took very minimal time to make.
First thing's first: I preheat my oven to 350 degrees and sprayed a cookie sheet with cooking spray,  While the oven was preheating, I mashed two ripe bananas in a bowl and then added 1 cup of uncooked quick oats, mixing them together.  Finally, I folded in 1/4 cup of crushed walnuts into the mixture (in case you were wondering, all of these ingredients I found at my local Winco, which I'm positive I've already raved about, but I seriously can't say enough good!  The quick oats and crushed walnuts I was able to find in the bulk section of the store, which is my favorite part!).
I used two spoons to help me round 16 cookies onto the cookie sheet and then I Baked them for 15 minutes and VIOLA!!  Healthy cookies!  WHY are they healthy, you ask??  Mainly because for TWO cookies it's only 93 calories!  A nice healthy snack that you can eat, or feel good about giving to your kids because you know what's in it!  I'm not kidding when I tell you this: these snacks were only $0.14/2 cookies!  This is why I LOOOOOOVE Winco, especially that awesomely awesome bulk section!!
Here's the recipe!!

2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup uncooked quick oats
1/4 cup crushed walnuts

Happy snacking everyone!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment