Saturday, March 23, 2013

Chipotle-Glazed Roast Chicken with Sweet Potatoes

See?!?!  I told you I would be doing a bunch today...I have WAY too much to catch up on!  So this meal I made about a week and a half ago and it was DIVINE!  I seriously love anything that has to do with sweet potatoes...:)
So, first thing's first: I preheat my oven to 400 degrees and then started to peel 4 sweet potatoes (the recipe stated they needed to be 10 ounces each) and cut them into 1-inch pieces.  When that was done, I mixed 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil with the potatoes and placed them on the bottom of my roasting pan, letting them cook in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
While that was cooking, I minced 4 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce and mixed that in a bowl with 2 cloves of garlic that I also minced, 2 tablespoons honey, 2 teaspoons of cider vinegar, 1 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of cumin and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.  It created a paste which I rubbed evenly over 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
When the potatoes were done cooking, I placed the chicken breasts on top of the potatoes and let it cook for another 30 minutes until it was cooked through and VOILA!!!!  Dinner was served!
This meal was so yummy because it was sweet and spicy and I have always been a fan of that combination!  The meal, with the chicken and potatoes, was 497 calories and only $0.91/serving...did I mention it made 6 servings?!?  AMAZING I know.
Here's the recipe!!!

4 sweet potatoes (10 ounces each) peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
4 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2 pounds total)

Happy cooking everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment