Sunday, May 19, 2013

Snack Edition: Cinnamon-Orange Mini Muffins

So this snack was yummy.  It had the deliciousness of cinnamon and sugar with a sweet hint of orange.  Soooo good!  I got the original recipe from Betty Crocker.
So first thing's first: I preheat my oven to 400 degrees, and then sprayed my mini muffin pan with cooking spray and set it aside.
In a bowl, I added 2 cups of Bisquick, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of softened butter, 1/2 cup of milk (I used Soy milk for our dairy-allergic child!), 1 teaspoon of grated orange peel and 1 egg and mixed everything until it was blended, about 30 seconds.  Then I put the batter, evenly, into the mini muffin tin.
I let it bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes.  While that was cooking, I mixed 2/3 cup of sugar with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and set it aside.  Then I melted 1/2 cup of butter in another bowl and set that aside.
When the muffins were cooked, I separately rolled the tops of each muffin in the melted butter and then into the cinnamon/sugar mixture and voila!  Yummy snacks were done!  It stated ti serve it warm, which I did with some, but when we ate the leftovers on another day, they were equally as yummy!  :)  The muffins were 130 calories/ mini muffin and only $0.10/muffin!
Here's the recipe!!

2 cups Original Bisquick mix
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1 egg
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted

No comments:

Post a Comment