Sunday, June 9, 2013

Cajun Pot Roast with Sweet Peppers

More and more and MORE events!  I swear, they tell me every year that it's the same amount of days but it feels like I get less each time!
So this meal I made quite a long time ago and was very easy because it was a slow cooker meal!  It was quick and delicious!  I got the original recipe from the Better Homes and Garden website.
So first thing's first: I trimmed a 2 1/2 pound boneless beef chuck pot roast of fat and then rubbed 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning over it and placed it into my slow cooker.  Then I added 1/2 teaspoon of hot pepper sauce (I used Tapatio), 1/8 of ground black pepper, as well as a 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes.
From there, I covered the roast and let it cook on low for about 10 hours while I dropped off the kids at school and went to work!  When I came home, I cut  a green, red and yellow pepper into strips and then put them into the slow cooker for another half hour.
When it was done, I took the meat out to a cutting board, sliced it and then served it with the veggies.  Make sure to drain the liquid beforehand and voila!  Dinner was served!  Such a yummy meal and so simple!
It was an eight serving meal that was only 174 calories per serving!!  So everyone actually had two servings and still stayed under the 500 calorie intake!  t was also only $1.43/serving!  Woo!
Here's the recipe!

2 1/2 pound boneless beef chuck pot roast
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
14.5 ounce can  diced tomatoes, undrained
1 medium green, red and yellow sweet pepper, cut into strips

Happy cooking everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment