Sunday, May 19, 2013

Honey Barbecue Meatloaf

So, I've never been a fan of meatloaf.  I'm not sure if it was the type of meat that had been used before when I had it, or if it was the ketchup, but something in meatloaf just never appealed to me.  UNTIL THIS MEAL.  Holy cow, please try this meal for yourself, I am BEGGING you.  This was ridiculously delicious.
I originally found this recipe on Pinterest, which lead me to this recipe and WOW.
So first thing's first: I preheat my oven to 350 degrees and then started to prep the meal.  In a large bowl I added 1 pound of extra lean ground beef along with 2/3 panko bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon (each) of Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard and honey, 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce and 1 teaspoon (each) of salt and pepper.  I mixed it with my hands and put the loaf into a loaf pan that I had previously sprayed with cooking spray.
In a smaller bowl I mixed an additional 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce with 1 tablespoon honey and 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce.  I spooned half of the mixture on top of the loaf and saved the additional for later.
Once I placed the loaf in the oven I allowed it to cook for 45 minutes.  When it was cooked, I sliced them into 4 pieces, drizzled the remaining sauce over the pieces (which I had briefly heat up in the microwave) and served it with some frozen peas and voila!  Dinner was served!
This was an easy meal with little prep and BIG flavor!  Everyone was quiet during this meal, which I know means they loved it because they're too busy eating to talk haha!
The meal was only 310 calories (I believe the peas added another 60-70 calories) and only $1.51/serving!  Woo!!
Here's the recipe!!

1 pound extra lean ground beef
2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons honey, divided
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper

Happy cooking everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment