Monday, February 25, 2013

Snack Edition: 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins




Hi everyone, welcome back to another SNACK edition of Mama Feta's Meals (Yay!).  This one I found many different variations on all over Pinterest, so I thought I'd try it out.  It's SUPER easy and low calorie, as well as only uses TWO ingredients!  I know, right??  Talk about easy-peasy!
So there isn't exactly much to discuss with this recipe, since it's so easy, so I'll get right to it!
All you need to do is empty a box of carrot cake mix into a bowl, along with a can of pumpkin and mix.  It can't be THAT easy, you're saying, but it is.  Once you have it mixed well, scoop into a muffin tin (I used both muffin cups and just the muffin tin sprayed with cooking spray because I ran out of muffin cups!) and put into a preheated oven (350 degrees) for about 20 minutes!  Now, for some reason, all of the recipes I perused stated to use "a can of pumpkin" and never actually specified which ounce can to use.  The photos made me think it was the larger one (the 20 ounce-r) so that's the one I used.  If you try the 15 ounce-r and it works better for you, maybe that's the one they intended, but I did really like it how I made it!  :)
The very best part (besides the best part of only having to use two ingredients) is that each muffin was only 80 calories and YUM-MY!  Also (are you ready for this??), with this recipe making 2 yummy muffins, the cost was only $0.11/muffin.  YES I'M SERIOUS!  These are very easy, light, low calorie, yummy snacks you can make for anything (breakfast, lunch, desserts, parties) and it's SO simple.  I really loved this and was able to make it after dinner on a weeknight.  I know, right?!?  All of my boys really love this one and it has spurred me on to try different mixtures to see what I get so stay tuned!  :)
Here's the 'recipe' again, and remember, try your own variation, or different size cans of pumpkin, and let me know how it goes!!

1 box carrot cake mix (I used the Betty Crocker Super Moist Carrot 15.25 oz mix)
1 can (again, I used the 29 oz can, but I don't remember the brand.  It wasn't Libby's, although I'm sure that one will work just as well.  I will find out and get back to you because it was really good!)

Happy snacking everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment