Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine's Day Breakfast Edition: Strawberry-Chocolate Cheerios Parfaits

So listen, I know this blog is going to be SUPER EASY, but I wanted to post it because the kids really loved it and it's a fun thing to do for yourself, the kids, ANYONE really on Valentine's day or for a quick, yet low calorie, breakfast!
With that being said and out of the way, hello and welcome back to the very first BREAKFAST edition of Mama Feta's Meals!  I got this quick and yummy breakfast from the Pillsbury site.  It originally stated it makes 4 servings, however, I split the four servings into two different days, so this one is based on the two servings.
Now I have to admit, breakfast is the meal I hate dealing with the most because I'm still asleep and trying to get ready, trying to make sure our boys get ready, trying to get their lunches going, making sure they get their chores done and that everyone has everything before we head out to take them to school and...it's just not my favorite!  Weekends are another story, but trying to get some kind of decent breakfast during the week?  It's not as frequent as I'd like, for certain, however, I've definitely started to work on that and this is simple enough for anyone to do.  Even the kids themselves could make these!
So first thing's first: I sliced 1 cup of fresh strawberries (this I actually did the night before and put it in Tupperware, just to prep even further so everything could still be done.within the small amount of time we all have in the morning!
Then the rest was really simple.  I didn't actually have parfait glasses so I just used what I had and layered half of the strawberries (between two cups it was actually 1/4 cup each), then half of a container of Yoplait Strawberry Yogurt (lactose free for our youngest!), and then 1/4 cup of the Chocolate Cheerios.  Then ONCE MORE WITH FEELING!  :)  Voila!  Breakfast was DONE.  So easy, so simple, but our boys absolutely LOVED it and the best part?  Only 190 calories and $1.37/serving!  Yup!!
Here's the recipe!!

1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
2 containers (6 ounces each) Yoplait Light Fat Free strawberry yogurt (one was lactose free for us!)
1 cup Chocolate Cheerios cereal

Happy layering breakfast peeps!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment